Handbags That Help
Women gather. Women give. Women change.
Hosted by The Community Foundation, Handbags That Help is a women’s giving circle dedicated to building strong families and increasing philanthropy in Hancock County. HTH collectively funds significant grants to charitable projects and programs in our community. Interested? Download our membership form and brochure.
We are accepting members for the 2022-2023 year. Download the membership form to pay by check.
To pay with a credit card, click here and view the tutorial below.
How We Give
- Members contribute $500 for an annual membership either individually or as a team of two to five.
- The money is pooled together to give a total amount to grant.
- A grants committee is formed and evaluates worthy projects, which they then submit to the membership for a vote.
- HTH does not limit its grant making to women’s causes, but looks for:
- Responses to urgent and critical need
- Bold new ventures
- New approaches to problems
- Every dollar collected through membership contributions is granted every year.
Total Granted Since 2008: $623,740
HTH is committed to providing its members with the skills and knowledge needed to make wise social investments. To this end, HTH organizes educational programs covering a variety of topics related to philanthropy.
HTH educates, inspires, and increases the number of women committed to philanthropy in order to strengthen community and demonstrate the impact that can result from informed, focused grant making.
Giving With Guidance
The Guiding Circle is the executive committee that governs HTH. It consists of eight members:
- Chair: Nikki Matheny
- Vice Chair: Lisa Vick
- Treasurer: Chris Keller
- Secretary: Ginger Jones
- Communications Chair: Heidi Croy
- Member At-Large: Suzi Healy
- Grants Sub-Circle Chair: Emily Hinderliter
- Program Sub-Circle Chair: Marla Frederick
- Community Foundation Support Staff: Tasha Dimling
If you would like to connect with someone on the Guiding Circle, please email email@example.com
Follow Handbags That Help on Facebook to stay up to date.