Handbags That Help
Women gather. Women give. Women change
Hosted by The Community Foundation, Handbags That Help is a women’s giving circle dedicated to building strong families and increasing philanthropy in Hancock County. HTH collectively funds significant grants to charitable projects and programs in our community. Interested? Download our membership application and brochure.
How We Give
- Members contribute $500 for an annual membership either individually or as a team of two to five.
- The money is pooled together to give a total amount to grant.
- A grants committee is formed and evaluates worthy projects, which they then submit to the membership for a vote.
- HTH does not limit its grant making to women’s causes, but looks for:
- Responses to urgent and critical need
- New approaches to problems
- Every dollar collected through membership contributions is granted every year.
HTH is committed to providing its members with the skills and knowledge needed to make wise social investments. To this end, HTH organizes educational programs covering a variety of topics related to philanthropy.
HTH educates, inspires, and increases the number of women committed to philanthropy in order to strengthen community and demonstrate the impact that can result from informed, focused grant making.
Giving With Guidance
The Guiding Circle is the executive committee which governs HTH. It consists of eight members:
- Chair: Angela Crist
- Vice Chair: Tasha Dimling
- Treasurer: Dena Best
- Secretary: Available
- Communications Chair: Available
- Member At-Large: Sheree Wagner
- Grants Sub-Circle Chair: Jane McCleary
- Program Sub-Circle Chair: Alanna Langlois
- Community Foundation Support Staff: Andrea Reinhart