Foundation Hiring Database and Financial Specialist
March 17, 2021
The Foundation is hiring a Database and Financial Specialist. See below for the job details and application information.
Database and Financial Specialist
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Salary Range: $40,500 - $49,500
Hours: Full Time
Number of Employees Supervised: N/A
Role: The Database and Financial Specialist is responsible for three major functions; database management, process management and financial services. The database management component includes data input, maintaining database integrity, and developing queries that inform the work of the Foundation. The process management component entails the coordination of the online application and review processes. This portion of the role includes working with internal and external constituents that may include technical support for end-users. The financial services component includes gift processing, gift acknowledgment and internal financial controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the integrity of the database in CommunitySuite, a Foundant Technologies product.
- Research and implements data quality best practices.
- Set protocols and documents procedures for data entry to ensure the accurateness and completeness of data and gift records to ensure uniformity in the database.
- Generate key reports for analytics, metrics, and reporting as requested.
- Maintain all aspects of online application(s) as assigned.
- Provide training and support to end-users on online platforms.
- Participate in scholarship/grantmaking committee meetings and award presentations as needed.
- Process payments and award letters in a timely manner for grants.
- Maintain grantee records.
- Process and acknowledge gifts in a timely manner.
- Serve as a key part of internal financial controls and grant processing.
- Serve as key contact for grantees and vendors on payment issue resolution.
- Documents financial procedures and keeps the financial operating guide updated.
Other duties as assigned.
Education/Certifications/Licensure: Associate degree, Bachelor’s Degree and/or four or more years of experience; certification and training in applicable skills desired.
Experience: Experience working with a philanthropic or other Customer Relationship Management database to record, report, and acknowledge gifts, sales, etc. IT experience is a plus.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Positive customer service experience; Experience in data management and report writing; Ability to multi-task; Ability to meet goals and deadlines; Ability to work in team environment; Self Reliant.
Physical and Other Requirements: To successfully perform the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, maneuver around the building, stand, kneel, stoop, crouch, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Employee will need the ability to operate general office equipment and regular extended hours in front of a computer screen are required. Lifting and moving up to 15-pound boxes frequently and occasionally maneuver up to 35-pound boxes. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The location of this position will be at the Foundation’s office in Findlay, Ohio.
This position description is intended to cover the primary
purposes and essential functions of the position. It does not give
detailed instructions on how each task is performed. Employees will
receive job-related instructions, or access to appropriate training, and
be required to perform additional job-related functions requested by
For Questions or to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 5, 2020.