Foundation Hiring Assistant Building Manager
March 26, 2021
The Foundation is hiring an Assistant Building Manager for The Family Center. See below for the job details and application information.
Assistant Building Manager
Reports to: The Family Center Building Manager
Salary Range: $35,000 - $45,000
Hours: Full Time
Number of Employees Supervised: N/A
Role: The Assistant Building Manager will ensure the smooth daily
workflow and front desk operations as well as assist the Building
Manager or fill in during their absence with: maintenance, repairs,
renovations and security needs; with an emphasis on excellent
communication skills and outstanding customer service for the clients,
tenants and service providers of The Family Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
Front Desk Communications
- Greet visitors, clients and tenants to ensure they receive appropriate attention; assist them in following building policies and procedures; have a general knowledge of services provided by the agencies and hours of operation.
- Answer incoming calls and direct them to the appropriate personnel. Answer email requests and forward to relevant parties.
- Manage social media, including scheduling and responding to questions.
- Check and direct mail to tenants. Maintain interoffice mail in the work room.
- Manage and file documents, invoices, payables and system reports. Submit payables to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Maintain and order office supplies including copier and fax machine supplies.
- Maintain and order custodial supplies to support custodial staff.
- Responsible for scheduling conference rooms at The Family Center.
- Check in and out any Family Center equipment, laptops, etc.
- Assist with minor maintenance work as requested by tenants (light bulbs, sticking locks, squeaky or loose hinges, door closers, toilet seats).
- Keep accessible all required certifications (safety, fire, backflow, workers comp, security, etc.).
- Inspect restrooms, conference rooms and other common areas for cleanliness and maintain appearance of said common areas.
- Know the emergency shut off locations as well as procedures.
- Work with the Building Manager for any two-person jobs, repairs, etc.
Safety and Security
- Monitor all common areas, building perimeter and parking areas when security personnel are not on-site or currently occupied. Motniro phone system for emergency alerts such as 911 calls or other issues.
- Provide a safe environment by working with secutiry team to ensure tenants, clients and visitors have a safe experience. This includes monitoring security cameras or opening dialogue to help de-escalate any situations that arise.
- Operate the security, emergency and camera systems as needed. View security logs and know how to issue key fobs. Maintain key fob listing.
- Share on-call responsibility with the Building Manager. Certain projects may occassionally require after-hours attendance and will be planned well in advance.
This description is a general statement of required duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned by the Building Manager.
Education/Certifications/Licensure: High school diploma, experience or education in social services and/or the nonprofit field.
Experience: Minimum 3 yrs. in front desk/reception work. General maintenance experience is preferred but not required.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be flexible and have a positive attitude while being an excellent multitasker.
- Employee will have great phone skills and be people friendly and service-oriented to visitors, clients and tenant agencies within The Family Center. This position requires the ability to communicate with exceptional verbal and written skills with some computer knowledge in Microsoft Office applications specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and remote desktop.
- Experience in the following: building security/fire and emergency procedures, general maintenance, phones and communication systems, computers and supporting equipment, housekeeping, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, safety equipment and structural or cosmetic building repairs.
- The ability to use small hand tools and power tools are also desired skills along with some general knowledge of bookkeeping and invoicing.
Assistant Building Manager will also possess the capability to work
with little to no supervision at times and be self-motivated and able to
make decisions based on the best interest and needs of clients, tenant
agencies and Hancock Properties Board.
Physical and Other Requirements: To successfully
perform the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required
to sit, maneuver around building, stand, kneel, stoop, crouch, reach
with hands and arms, speak and hear. Employee will need the ability to
operate general office equipment and spend several hours in front of a
computer screen at a time are required. Lifting and moving up to
15-pound boxes frequently and occasionally maneuver up to 50-pound
boxes/equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The location of this position will be at the Foundation’s office in Findlay, Ohio.
This position description is intended to cover the primary purposes and essential functions of the position. It does not give detailed instructions on how each task is performed. Employees will receive job-related instructions, or access to appropriate training, and be required to perform additional job-related functions requested by management.
For Questions or to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 9, 2020.