John W. Hollington ScholarshipGo Back to Filtered List | Search Again
Give to this Fund
Mary Hollington established the John W. Hollington Scholarship in 1998. Mr. Hollington was a long time member of Findlay Rotary and an active businessman in the Findlay Community. In 2001, this scholarship was transferred to the Findlay-Hancock County Community Foundation. The purpose of this award is to provide financial assistance to deserving students graduating from a high school located in Hancock County for their study at an accredited college or university on a full-time basis and for the purpose of improving or developing their capabilities.
Standards for Determining Eligibility of Students
- The applicant must live in Hancock County and be a high school graduate of a school located in Hancock County.
- The applicant may be a high school senior entering their first year of college or an older student who will be returning to college after an absence who wishes to continue a post secondary education.
- Each applicant must be enrolled in, or accepted for admission in, an accredited higher education institution that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regular organized body of students in attendance on its campus. The institution may include a college or university.
- This scholarship is dedicated to the well-rounded student who has demonstrated leadership, hard work, dedication, good citizenship, community in-service, dependability, and character.
- Each applicant should demonstrate character, desire, and dedication that he/she may be expected to work hard and complete his/her education.
- Applicant must show sufficient academic ability to ensure completion of the course of study necessary to graduate from the educational institution chosen.
- The applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 is required.
- A certified copy of the student’s transcript should be mailed with the application or the transcript may be mailed directly to the Foundation’s address. No application will be reviewed if the transcript is missing.
- Students funding their own educational opportunities will receive priority consideration.
- Students who receive full scholarship support from other organizations or institutions will not be considered for this scholarship.