Jerry Silveus Agriculture ScholarshipGo Back to Filtered List | Search Again
This scholarship was created in honor of Jerry Silveus who was the General Manager of Blanchard Valley Farmers Cooperative for more than 20 years. Jerry spent his entire career (over 50 years) working in agriculture in Hancock and surrounding counties. This scholarship was established by Legacy Farmers Cooperative which was formed from a merger between Blanchard Valley Farmers Cooperative and Deshler Farmers Elevator Company. Legacy Farmers Cooperative is a locally owned farmers’ cooperative located in Findlay, Ohio and the surrounding counties of Hancock, Henry, Putnam, Seneca, and Wood. Legacy Farmers Cooperative has 19 locations including five agronomy locations, Lawn and Pet (feed, farm, turf and garden), two petroleum cardtrol locations, liquid fuel and lubricant delivery, and 11 grain facilities. The Jerry Silveus Agriculture Scholarship has been established with the Findlay-Hancock County Community Foundation to provide a scholarship for members and employees of Legacy Farmers Cooperative, as well as to their children or grandchildren.
Standards for Determining Eligibility
- The applicant must be a member or employee, or the child or grandchild of a member or employee of Legacy Farmers Cooperative.
- The applicant must be an undergraduate student entering at least their sophomore year.
- The applicant must have been a resident of Hancock, Putnam, Henry, Wood, Seneca, Wyandot, Allen, Hardin, or Sandusky Counties in Ohio during high school.
- The applicant must plan to be a full time student enrolled at an accredited two or four year college, university or technical school.
- The applicant must have maintained a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA in their undergraduate studies.
- Preference will be given to students pursuing a career in agriculture.
- Applicant must be a resident of the United States of America.
- Any student who receives a full scholarship that includes all of the fees normally payable by policy of the Community Foundation will not qualify for this Scholarship.