Foundation Announces Community Conversations 2022
August 01, 2022
After postponing in 2020, The Findlay-Hancock County Community Foundation will once again host Community Conversations, a dialogue with members of the community. The Foundation previously hosted Community Conversations in collaboration with United Way of Hancock County in 2017.
“In 2017, we heard from more than 1,000 Hancock County residents and we’re hoping to build off of that in 2022,” said Brian Treece, President & CEO of The Community Foundation. “The community identified five priority areas: housing, mental health/substance use, transportation, safety and workforce/financial stability. In this round of conversations, we want to confirm or add to those priorities and discuss what residents think can and should be done with each. These conversations are critical to our mission of improving the quality of life for all in the community, I look forward to hearing from as much of Hancock County as possible.”
Community Conversations is a listening effort made up of 60–90-minute group discussions. The same questions are asked at every conversation, the data is compiled and grouped to determine the highest-ranking responses. The results are reported back to the community, shared with local leaders and used to guide Foundation funding.
Conversations will take place August 9-15 and October 10-14, 2022. Community Organizers will assist the Foundation in scheduling conversations throughout Hancock County. Facilitators will meet with small groups to ask pre-determined questions and record what is discussed.
Why Should You Participate?
In conversations, community members are encouraged to share their honest thoughts, experiences and concerns to effect change.
“This is an opportunity to make your voice heard,” said Cassie Turner, Community Engagement Officer at the Foundation. “Since 2017 the Foundation has committed millions of dollars to make change as a direct result of your feedback. We hope to do even more following these conversations.”
Results shared from 2017 with the Foundation board realigned its priorities to include grantmaking in the four major focus areas, resulting in an investment of over $5.7 million within five years. These results will continue to drive our work and the work of other organizations around the community.
How Can You Get Involved?
- Attend one of the conversations in your home community in August, or join a different community based on your schedule. Details at community-foundation.com/cc22
- Arcadia – Thursday, August 11 at 5:30 p.m.
- Arlington – Wednesday, August 10 at 6 p.m.
- Findlay – Monday, August 15 at 5:30 p.m.
- Jenera – Saturday, August 20 at 8:30 a.m.
- Mt. Blanchard – Wednesday, August 10 at 6 p.m.
- Mt. Cory – Tuesday, August 9 at 5:30 p.m.
- Rawson – Thursday, August 11 at 5:30 p.m.
- Van Buren – Thursday, August 18 at 5:30 p.m.
- Vanlue – Thursday, August 18 at 5:30 p.m.
A second Findlay conversation, Liberty-Benton and McComb will take place in October.
- Schedule a conversation with your friends, service clubs, neighborhoods, churches, coworkers, or any other group of 8-12 people. Visit community-foundation.com/cc22 to schedule.
- Sign up to be a conversation facilitator or notetaker. Visit community-foundation.com/cc22jobs to learn more about how to get involved.