Type: Common Good
Gertrude Anderson was a lifelong resident of Hancock County. She graduated from the University of Michigan in 1922 and became the first medical technician at Blanchard Valley Hospital. She was an avid equestrian and liked to tell stories about her experiences including spending five months in a body cast during 1941. Gertrude Anderson was an extraordinary person who recognized that TCF could provide services that were not available elsewhere in the community. She established one fund during her lifetime and made provisions for a second fund in her estate. This fund, established by Ms. Anderson in her estate plan, supported Hope House for the Homeless for 20 years. It is now an unrestricted fund to provide support for the community.
Gertrude O. Anderson 1899-1997Give Now