An Act of the Ohio General Assembly established the Findlay-Hancock County Public Library in 1888. The library was first housed in the basement of the County Courthouse before moving to the old Post Office Building on Broadway in 1935. It underwent an addition in 1974 and was completely renovated and expanded in 1991. A single donor, who specifically designated the Genealogy Department of the library, established this fund. However, gifts may be made to this fund for any purpose. This fund supports the programs, projects, and capital purchases of the library. M. Margaret Foster established this fund to support the genealogy department of the library.