Needler Family ScholarshipGo Back to Filtered List | Search Again
The Needler Family, acting as the Board of Directors of Fresh Encounter, Inc. and its subsidiaries, established this scholarship to honor its employees and their children. The Needler Family wishes to support and encourage individuals to enter the food supplier industry and related professions. Preference may be given to students who are going into the field of agriculture, agribusiness, food service management, business administration, the wholesale or retail grocer business, or the independent grocer business. The scholarship will be paid directly to an accredited educational institution of the recipient’s choice.
Standard of Determining Eligibility of Students
Scholarship applications will be accepted from one of the following three groups:
- a current employee of Fresh Encounter, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries for a period of no less than (2) two years
- a child of an employee who is currently employed and has worked for Fresh Encounter or one of its subsidiaries for no less than (5) five year; or
- a blood related grandchild of a current employee who has worked for Fresh Encounter, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries for no less than (5) five years.
- Preference may be given to an applicant planning to major in agriculture, agribusiness, food service management, business, wholesale or retail business, or the independent grocer business.
- The applicant must be accepted for admission in an accredited educational institution, which may include a community college or a technical school.
- The applicant must be enrolled student attending a two-year or four-year degreed program.
- The applicant must have demonstrated hard work, good citizenship, dependability and character, and a desire to complete his/her education.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate good school attendance.
- The applicant must demonstrate participation in church, school and community activities.
- Each applicant must have maintained a grade point average of 3.0 or better during high school.
- The applicant must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Applicants receiving full support from other organizations or institutions will not be considered for this scholarship.