M. Margaret Foster Scholarship
Go Back to Filtered List
| Search Again
M. Margaret Foster, a native of Findlay and Hancock County, Ohio, taught English, written communications, Latin and foreign languages for 38 years. After graduating from Findlay High School and Bowling Green State University, Margaret taught at Arcadia Schools, Wellington Exempt village Schools and Donnell Junior High School. According to her students, “Miss Foster was one of those teachers that really taught and we really learned.”
Standard for Determining Eligibility of Students
- The applicant must be a high school graduate from a school located in Hancock County.
- The applicant must be a full-time student attending a four-year accredited university or college pursuing a degree in secondary level education, specifically, a degree in English or in a related field such as written and/or oral communications, foreign language, or creative writing.
- The applicant must have demonstrated good attendance while attending high school.
- The applicant much show good moral character.
- The applicant must have maintained a 3.3 GPA or above.
- The applicant must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Financial need is not a primary consideration, but should be a consideration in final selection based upon parental income and the number of family members already in post secondary education or those who will attend in the near future.
- Students who receive full scholarship support form other organizations or institutions will not be considered for this scholarship.