Erica Miller Culinary Arts Scholarship
Go Back to Filtered List
| Search Again
GIVE TO THIS FUND
For most, art is a form of expression. For Erica Miller, art was where she found and expressed peace, happiness and love. The young woman known for her warmth and acceptance of others possessed a great natural ability to create beautiful pieces of art throughout her life. This great talent combined with Erica’s love of cooking led to a dream of being the head chef at a restaurant that she would own someday. After completing her early school years in Upper Sandusky, Ohio, Erica moved to Findlay, Ohio and became a student at Millstream Career & Technology Center. She was in the culinary arts program at Millstream and intended to pursue further culinary training at college in order to achieve her dream of becoming a chef. Her creativity and artistic ability helped her create intricate, beautiful dishes during her time at Millstream. Today, a memorial scholarship is given in Erica’s name to allow other students to continue their education and live the dream that Erica held so dear.
Standard for Determining Eligibility of Students
- The applicant must be a high school graduating senior or a graduate of a state charted school located in Hancock County.
- The applicant must be a student currently enrolled or enrolled during high school in the culinary art program at The Millstream Career Center
- The applicant must be a full-time student attending an accredited or certified educational institution specializing in culinary arts or a university or college.
- The applicant must have demonstrated good attendance while attending high school.
- The applicant much show good moral character.
- The applicant must have a current GPA of 2.5 or above.
- The applicant must be a citizen of the United States of America and a resident of Hancock County.
- Financial need is a primary consideration.
- Students who receive full scholarship support form other organizations or institutions will not be considered for this scholarship.