Dr. Thomas Richard and Wendene Wilson Shoupe Post Graduate ScholarshipGo Back to Filtered List | Search Again
The Dr. Thomas Richard and Wendene Wilson Shoupe Post Graduate Scholarship was established by Dr. Shoupe’s family in 1996. Dr. Shoupe was a long-time physician in the Findlay community who valued education and life-long learning. The purpose of this award is to provide financial assistance to deserving students who wish to pursue graduate or professional studies at an accredited college or university on a full-time basis and for the purpose of improving or developing their capabilities.
Standards for Determining Eligibility of Students
- The applicant must be a high school graduate of a state-chartered city or county school in Hancock County because Dr. Shoupe loved Hancock County.
- The applicant may be a graduate or graduating senior of any higher education facility with a minimum GPA of 3.3.
- Each applicant must be enrolled in or accepted for admission in an accredited graduate or professional institution, which normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regular organized body of students in attendance in the place where its educational activities are carried on. The institution may include a college or university.
- The character, desire, and dedication of the applicant must demonstrate that he/she may be expected to work hard and complete his/her education.
- This scholarship is dedicated to the well-rounded student who has demonstrated leadership, hard work, dedication, good citizenship, community in-service, dependability, and character.
- Applicant must show sufficient academic ability to ensure completion of the course of study necessary to graduate from the educational institution chosen.
- The applicant must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Student financial need is to be considered in the selection process.
- Students who receive full scholarship support from other organizations or institutions will not be considered for this scholarship.