Dr. Marion Arbogast Scholarship
Go Back to Filtered List
| Search Again
This scholarship, established by Dr. Marion Arbogast, is for a full-time freshman student at an accredited two or four-year college, university, or technical school.
The applicant must be a graduate of McComb High School. Dr. Marion Arbogast was born in Seneca County in 1930 and graduated from McCutchenville High School. Dr. Arbogast received both his undergraduate and DDS degrees from The Ohio State University and began practicing dentistry in 1960. Dr. Arbogast opened his practice in McComb in space he rented from the Bennett’s Furniture family. After thirty years in that location above the furniture store, he built the building that houses McComb Family Dental today. He belongs to the American Dental Association, the Ohio Dental Association, the Northwest Ohio Dental Society (past president), the American Legion, the Blanchard Valley Health Foundation, and has been a Rotarian for over 50 years and a Paul Harris Fellow of the Rotary Foundation. Dr. Arbogast is the proud father of four grown daughters, including Dr. Nancy Dysinger who carries on her father’s practice of dentistry in McComb today. Dr. Arbogast currently resides in McComb and enjoys fishing, traveling, and farming. He is also an avid Ohio State fan.
Standards for Determining Eligibility
- The applicant must be a graduating senior or graduate of McComb Local High School.
- The applicant must plan to be a full-time student enrolled at an accredited two or four-year undergraduate college, university or technical school.
- The applicant must be pursuing a degree in a broadly-defined health-related field.
- Applicant must be a resident of Hancock, Putnam or Wood Counties and a citizen of the United States of America.
- The applicant must have maintained a 2.5 GPA or above while in high school or during the most recently completed grading period. That minimum GPA must be maintained during college and proof must be provided to the Community Foundation during the year of the Scholarship award.
- The applicant must be able to document his or her achievements, participation in organizations and volunteer service in the community through written recommendations.
- Financial need is a consideration for the scholarship.
- Students seeking to renew a previous year award from this scholarship will be given priority in the selection process.
- Students who receive full tuition and fee scholarship support from other organizations or institutions will not be eligible for this scholarship.