Bradley Joseph Memorial Scholarship for Medical MissionsGo Back to Filtered List | Search Again
The Bradley Joseph Memorial Scholarship for Medical Missions was established in 2007 by his family, co-workers and friends.
A 1995 graduate of Elida High School, Brad participated in basketball, tennis, golf and baseball. In 2001, he received his Doctorate in Pharmacy from Ohio Northern University, graduating with honors.
Brad’s life can be summarized as having positively impacted many other lives. Brad was a Pharmacist at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center in Findlay and Bluffton, where he started the Coumadin Clinic. Brad was also very involved with his church family. He was a member of St. Paul UMC, Elida, where he was a member of the choir, Nominations Committee and a Youth Director.
Brad was very active for five years as part of the West Ohio Conference Medical Mission Team to Nuevo Progresso, Mexico. He also attended mission trips to Tennessee, Kentucky and South Carolina. It is this special part of Brad’s life that his family, co-workers and friends have chosen to honor with this scholarship. The scholarship will assist students entering the medical field who wish to participate, as Brad did, in medical mission trips.
Standard of Determining Eligibility of Student
- The applicant must be pursuing a career in the medical field in Ohio or Michigan, priority will be given to Ohio Northern University and University of Findlay Pharmacy or Nursing students
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required
- Preference will be given to applicants showing a history of mission work or participation in faith-based activities/groups
- Preference will be given to applicants who are actively involved in church and community activities
- Preference will be given to applicants joining the West Ohio Conference Medical Mission Teams to Nuevo Progresso, Mexico. Other faith-based medical missions will be considered
Applications for this scholarship are available on October 1 and are due December 1 each year.