Principles and Techniques of Fundraising
April 17-20, 2023
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at The Family Center
Presented by the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
This four-day course requires registration and commitment to attend all four full-day sessions. If interested, contact Cassie Turner for more information and registration details.
Maximize your fundraising success through this timeless course that teaches the tried-and-true practical skills of effective fundraising. Strengthen your fundraising abilities by learning proven fund development tools, and draft a specific fundraising plan to grow your organization. This course serves as the foundation for the rest of the curriculum.
Recognized internationally, Principles & Techniques provides you with the foundation and inspiration to achieve your organization's financial goals. This course presents the total framework for operating an accomplished fund development program. In just four days you will gain A-through-Z knowledge and skills that are essential for fundraising success.
You’ll learn how to:
- Identify and validate prospective donors.
- Manage the fundraising process.
- Use research to match a donor’s interests and needs with your nonprofit’s mission and goals.
- Build an annual fund donor base that keeps on giving.
- Manage the process of raising money.
- Recognize planned giving benefits to your donors and to your nonprofit.
- Structure a successful solicitation.
- Respond to challenges and ethical dilemmas with professional skill.
What you’ll receive:
- A comprehensive study guide.
- Gift club ideas.
- Board strengths inventory.
- Donor evaluation forms
- Invaluable bibliography from the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
- Formulas for establishing best-practice benchmarks
- A chance to network and build long-lasting, cross-mentoring relationships with other professionals.
- The Fundraising Cube: a colorful desktop reminder of The Fund Raising School’s internationally regarded fundraising management process. This handy reference is a source of pride for alumni.