As a nonprofit in Hancock County, you have the power to give a homeless person shelter, feed the hungry, or make a child smile. You are doing the life-changing work in our community. By partnering with The Community Foundation, you can make that impact even greater.
Since its inception in 1992, the Foundation has granted more than $41 million to deserving agencies in the area. Contact our program staff to discuss and brainstorm your idea.
Types of Grants
- Competitive Grants — Grants are made from Funds for the Common Good and Field of Interest Funds.
- HancockREADS Grants — A special literacy initiative of the Community Foundation aimed at “Stamping Out Illiteracy.”
- Hancock Education Fund Grants — Grants for teachers and schools to fund programs which encourage global literacy and sensitivity to foreign cultures.
- Handbags That Help Grants — Awarded by our women's giving circle each April, these grants focus on building strong families in Hancock County.
- Donor Advised Grants — Grants are made from Donor Advised Funds established by individuals who wish to remain actively involved with how their donation is distributed to the community.
- Stitt Early Literacy Mentoring Grants — Grants are made from the Bill and Eveline Stitt Fund to support early literacy intervention for at-risk K-2 students locally through the use of mentors.