Field of Interest Funds
Connecting personal values to high-impact opportunities.
Field of Interest funds allow you to target your gift to address needs in the area of your choice – arts, health, education, youth, etc. Our board awards grants to community organizations and programs that are making a difference in the area you select. Your gifts stays flexible enough to meet community needs in your interest area, even as needs change over time.
How it works:
- You identify an area of personal interest as broad or narrow as you wish.
- You make a gift to your community foundation during your lifetime or through a bequest in your will. You can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- We set up a special fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- Our professional program staff evaluates needs in your area of interest that would be most impacted by grants from your gift.
- Our board issues grants in the name of the fund you establish to support your chosen field of interest (if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously).