Helping sustain and grow local organizations.
A designated fund provides a wonderful way to give back to one or more specific organizations that have touched your life. Your gift provides more than just annual funding – your favorite organization will benefit from The Community Foundation’s investment stewardship and ability to manage endowment funds.
How it works:
- You identify an organization that you wish to benefit.
- You make a gift to your community foundation—you can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- We set up a special fund in your name or in the name of the nonprofit organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- Our board issues grants to the designated nonprofit organization.
- We handle all the administrative details, including managing specific qualifications that you may establish for grant disbursements.
- You receive updates on the impact the fund is making.