• Home > 
  • Funds > 
  • Donald V. and Mary (Pat) Sink Fund

First Presbyterian Church - Gertrude O. Anderson Fund

Type: Common Good

First Presbyterian Church - Gertrude O. Anderson Fund

Established 1995 & 1998  Gertrude Anderson was a lifelong resident of Hancock County.  She graduated from the University of Michigan in 1922 and became the first medical technician at Blanchard Valley Hospital.  She wa an avid equestrian and liked to tell stories about her experiences including spending five months in a body cast during 1941.  Gertrude Anderson was an extraordinary person who recognized that TCF could provide services that were not available elsewhere in the community.  She established one fund during her lifetime and made provisions for a second fund in her estate.    This fund, established by Ms. Anderson, will support the First Presbyterian Church of Findlay for 20 years. After that time, the funds will convert to unrestricted grantmaking in the name of Gertrude O. Anderson. Gertrude was a member of First Presbyterian Church for 83 years.  This fund, established by Ms. Anderson, will support the First Presbyterian Church of Findlay for 20 years. After that time, the funds will convert to unrestricted support for the community.