Virtual Professional Advisor Seminar
Monday, Oct. 4 • 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Join The Community Foundation for its virtual annual Professional Advisor Seminar presented by L. Paul Hood, Jr., JD, LL.M., CFRE, FCEP.
Continuing education credits for this seminar are pending.
Charitable Planning in 2021 and Beyond - Including the Charitable LLC
Despite a historically high applicable exclusion amount (at least for now), many clients who don’t have taxable estates or those whose estates are marginally taxable nevertheless have significant charitable intent. In this session, Paul will compare and contrast the choices available to the estate planner in 2021, including:
- Charitable Lead Trusts (CLT).
- Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRT).
- Charitable Gift Annuities (CGA).
- Pooled Income Funds (PIF).
- Remainder Interest in a Personal Residence or Farm.
- Private Foundations.
- Supporting Organizations.
- Donor Advised Funds (DAF).
- IRA Charitable Rollover.
- Charitable LLC.
- Wyoming Statutory Foundation.
- Bargain sale.
Is Your Buy-Sell Agreement Up to Snuff?
This session will discuss a panoply of important drafting and implementation issues surrounding buy-sell agreements, including:
- Types of buy-sell agreements.
- Advantages and disadvantages of buy-sell agreements.
- Possible purposes of buy-sell agreements.
- The importance of coordinating the buy-sell agreement with other contracts and agreements.
- The identity of the proper parties to buy-sell agreements.
- Triggering event selection.
- Detail the variety of possible responses to the occurrence of a triggering event.
- Valuation issues in buy-sell agreements.
- Buy-sell agreement funding issues.
- Issues pertaining to related properties in buy-sell agreements.
- Disability issues in buy-sell agreements.
- Special S corporation buy-sell agreement issues.
- Miscellaneous drafting pointers.
- Ethical issues surrounding the buy-sell agreement representation.