Community Emergency Support Fund Grants
Grants to local nonprofits during the coronavirus are a partnership between the Foundation and community philanthropists like you. These funds are awarded from the Community Emergency Support Fund and other available Community's Endowment dollars.
- Findlay Family YMCA - $10,000
- Findlay Hope House - $10,000
- Habitat for Humanity - $4,000
- West Ohio Food Bank - $39,016
- Youth for Christ - $1,000
Cycle 2 :
- Christian Clearing House - $15,000
- Hancock Metropolitan Housing Authority - $5,430
- Findlay Hope House - $155,000
- Findlay City Schools - $4,500
- Hancock County Educational Service Center - $50,000
Total Emergency Grants Awarded: $293,946
The Findlay-Hancock County Community Foundation has created the Community Emergency Support Fund to help offset unexpected costs incurred as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Applicants must be local nonprofits that are current or past grantees of The Community Foundation and are impacted as an organization or serve clients impacted by COVID-19.
An initial pool of $100,000 is available. Community support will be sought to add to this amount. Grants will be awarded based on an evaluation of greatest need by The Community Foundation Grants Committee.
We understand needs may emerge over time due to the nature of the pandemic. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the crisis has ended or funds have been depleted.
How do I apply?
What are the evaluation criteria?
- Our first priority is organizations meeting basic human needs.
- Organizations are strongly encouraged to participate in organizational strengthening activities offered by the Foundation, specifically trainings related COVID-19. These are free, pandemic-focused offerings that are available online.
- If you have not received information about these new offerings, please contact Kimberly.
How does this fund coordinate with state and federal assistance?
- We expect agencies who apply to also apply for applicable state and federal assistance.
My organization has a fund at the Foundation. Do we need to access it first?
- We encourage agencies to explore all options during this crisis, including accepting their annual distribution from their agency/designated funds at the Foundation.
- Contact Andrea Reinhart with questions about your fund(s).
Are there other options for help?