Community Conversations Jobs
Community Conversations is a community listening project coordinated by The Findlay-Hancock County Community Foundation and United Way of Hancock County. Between March 29-April 5, 2020, we'll talk to more than 1,000 community members about our community's challenges. To do that, we need your help.
See the positions below for how you can help.
Compensation: $25 for each conversation facilitated with at least 8-10 participants. Will be distributed as either a Visa Gift Card or a donation to a charitable fund of the facilitator's choosing at The Findlay-Hancock County Community after all conversations are completed.
Summary: The Conversation Facilitator leads conversations throughout the community. Responsibilities include leading participants through a structured process, ensuring each voice is heard and given appropriate time to share ideas, safeguarding against individuals or groups dominating the conversations, and remaining unbiased by refraining from inserting their own thoughts or ideas into the conversations.
Prior to conversations:
- Attend a training in February or March prior to the first conversation.
- Sign up for as many conversations as they can/would like to facilitate.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early to each conversation they are scheduled to facilitate.
- Ensure the outlined process is followed at each conversation, all questions are asked, and the time suggestions are adhered to as much as possible.
- Allow each voice at a table to be heard, encouraging quieter participants and making sure individuals and groups do not dominate the conversation.
- Encourage ideas to be shared about all of the areas of focus.
- Remain unbiased throughout the conversation, being sure to not endorse or criticize any comments from participants.
- Refrain from inserting their own thoughts or ideas into the conversations.
- Express gratitude for everyone participating in each conversation.
- Collect demographic surveys and return to The Community Foundation offices within 3 days of the conversation.
Qualifications: The ideal candidates will have experience facilitating groups in a process or conversation. Candidates should be able to lead without bias or inserting their own opinions or ideas.
Compensation: This is an uncompensated volunteer position. Service hours can be recorded if needed.
Summary: The Conversation Note Taker will take detailed notes during each of the Community Conversations. They will ensure the thoughts of the group are accurately recorded and returned to be combined with notes from all conversations
- Attend a training prior to their first conversation.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early to each conversation they sign up to attend.
- Work with the facilitator to ensure all demographic surveys are completed and collected to be returned to The Community Foundation.
- Take detailed notes, using the techniques described in the Note Taker Guide, throughout the conversation.
- Accurately reflect the conversation at the table in their notes, taking care to not insert personal thoughts or beliefs.
- Ask clarifying questions if any of the thoughts or ideas shared are unclear prior to documenting them in notes. Return notes, either written legibly or electronically, to The Community Foundation within 3 days of the conversation.
Qualifications: The ideal candidates will have experience taking notes on a conversation with multiple participants. Ability to take notes without injecting personal opinions or beliefs is necessary.